A Variation of Traditional Sunday Dinner

After being sick for a couple of weeks and Thanksgiving passing, we finally started getting into our food co-op stuff. We had bought buffalo roast, winesap apples, a bunch of greens, ham hocks, some wheat berries, sandwich meat, and some cheeses. I think it was Thursday I went shopping at the grocery store to round out the rest of my weeks groceries. Now, we've tried before probably about half of the stuff we just bought, but I wanted to try some new meals, or at least some new ways of cooking.

Weird thing we ate: Buffalo pot roast with mashed potatoes
We didn't actually eat it on Sunday, but this has been a "traditional Sunday dinner" thing, except for the buffalo part. We live in Oklahoma and people raise buffalo like they do cattle, just not as many. We've found ground buffalo at Walmart before, but that's for another discussion. I've never made a pot roast with veggies and stuff cooked in the roast. Normally I just make it in the oven and with a large beef rump roast. This was in the crockpot with a miripoix and vegetable stock. I cooked it from frozen with seemed to work okay, but I probably would have done better to cook it thawed and browned before the crock pot, and with water instead of vegetable stock, but it worked out with the meat. No gravy though, very sad.

It was good and we'll make buffalo vegetable stew later this week and some better fancy super ramen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kale Chips

Houston: Mostly Asian Inspired Road Trip Food

Natural Food Stores Part 2