Natural Food Stores Part 2

I know, I know...I am horribly late writing this post. I'm sorry. My current New Year's Resolution is to write more often. Okay, now that's taken care of...

Let's turn our subject to milk. I will start out by saying I love cow's milk. I have tried all types of cow's milk from raw to ultra skim. I prefer Braum's lowfat milk. I am okay with raw milk if it has chocolate.
I do not like soy milk much. I just don't like the taste, and I have more than enough estrogen without adding xeno-estrogen or whatever it's called. We hadn't really tried other milks other than soy, but there is such as large selection at the fancy natural/health food stores we currently frequent that we had to try them out. John's lactose-intolerant, so it works out well. He can drink these milks without taking any sort of pill.

What we drank: A variety of non-dairy "milks"
What we thought:
Soymilk seems to be most popular. It's okay in a pinch, but if I drink it, it needs to be vanilla.
Coconut milk is eh to me. I get it in my chai when we go to Whole Foods, and we've had it as ice cream. It's got a bit of a twang to it that I don't find particularly appealing. I probably wouldn't drink it as a normal drink.
Almond milk seems to have more body to it than a lot. The barista at Whole Foods recommended it to me in my chai and I tried it. It started out okay, but got a little nutty flavored and almost a weird caramelly after a while.
Oat milk is one I really like. I would drink oat milk instead of cow's milk I think. Maybe I could find a good recipe and make my own. I heard of a recipe to make almond milk and I wonder if it's like that.
John put some chocolate hemp milk in his coffee today, but I haven't tried it.

Comments

  1. Actually I got coffee from 7-11 this morning. But chocolate hemp coffee is slated for tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. John did drink some chocolate hemp milk later (and used some as creamer). He said it was very thin and not very good as creamer. I'm not a huge fan of chocolate milk so I haven't had any.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Kale Chips

Houston: Mostly Asian Inspired Road Trip Food