Natural Grocers Snack Foods Part One

We start this journey with some snack foods and a couple of the beverages. Snack foods usually have the most variety out there and are often the easiest to find.
Nut Chips "Sour Cream & Onion" flavored
Wasabi Seaweed Snacks
Teryaki Seaweed Snacks

The Almond Chips
Almond Chips
These were lighter, and dare I say nuttier, than typical tortilla chips. They had a slight taste like Wheat Thins Chips. They are gluten-free, made from almond and rice flour, and have very little fat. The flavoring sits on top and isn't over-powering. They are a decent snack.

Wasabi Seaweed Snacks
SPICY!!!!
I love seaweed snacks. I love seaweed in miso soup. I love seaweed wrapped around rice crackers. It's delicious in any form, in my opinion. This is spicy though, incredibly spicy. It doesn't have wasabi in it, however. The spicy wasabi flavor is made from mustard. If you have eaten seaweed snacks before, you might have eaten the ones that are separated into little packets of 5 or so. These are not like that. They are puffier and wide, maybe to get consumers thinking they are less processed? I don't know. I've had a few things of Annie Chun's before and the I'm still undecided. John seems to be okay with them though.

Teriyaki Seaweed Snacks
Not spicy
These are much more typical styling of seaweed. they come in 5 pieces to a package and there are twenty little packages in a bag. Unlike the Annie Chun's these don't have oil and have much fewer calories. They are  pressed much thinner and are just a generally good seaweed snack. They have a little bite due to the chili peppers in their ingredients, but it's not overwhelming, just a nice burn. In my opinion, they are one of the better seaweed snacks I've had.

Next will be Drinks: Hazelnut Milks, Oat Milk, and Agave Root Beer



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kale Chips

Houston: Mostly Asian Inspired Road Trip Food

Natural Food Stores Part 2