Kale Chips

We went to the OSU-OKC farmer's market on Saturday with my nieces and picked up some veggies for the week. We enjoy baby spinach salad, and the stall that was selling bags of baby spinach also had kale and radishes that we bought. We've never had kale and the fellow who sold them suggested we try kale chips. So, here we go.

Second batch of kale chips
Odd thing I ate: Kale chips. I used olive oil and ranch popcorn seasoning (it also said it was good for veggies/fish/meat etc). It had a mineral-y taste I understand is common with greens. The first bite tasted like a potato chip, but a whole batch tasted, well, green. We have enough to make another batch, but I don't know that I'm going to buy kale again anytime soon.
The second batch I used olive oil pam on the pan and on the top I used lemon infused olive oil and the ranch seasoning. It was still not my favorite food.

Comments

  1. Not technically, but essentially. They are Kim's girls and they call me their aunt. I treat them the same as I would my "real" nieces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I concur. The first few tasted like potato chips, then they tasted like baked kale leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Try kefir!

    Then tell me what it's like because I'm too chickento try it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Houston: Mostly Asian Inspired Road Trip Food

Natural Food Stores Part 2