Chinese Buffet

John and I were out last night eating with some friends of ours at a Chinese buffet. This place, China King, has an extensive buffet with much seafood, a hibachi, sushi, and the usual Chinese buffet staples. I wasn't ravenous, but I ate with some gusto. Most of what I got was normal fare: fried shrimp, hot and sour soup, steamed rice, beef and broccoli. But some of it was odd.

Odd food of the trip: Fried squid. This was not calamari rings or something, this was the legs cut and fried. Chinese name: Yau Yu Sou. Odd though they may be, they are incredibly yummy. They are really only seasoned with salt and pepper. Mostly they are tender, but occasionally a thick piece will be tough.

Odd food I did not eat: Steamed crawfish/crayfish/crawdads. I'm not a big fan of crawfish, especially when they are still whole.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kale Chips

Houston: Mostly Asian Inspired Road Trip Food

Natural Food Stores Part 2