Pears with Parmesan and Romano Cheese

I wasn't going to put this on here because it is a variation of a pretty normal food. My husband, however, thinks this is crazy and said I should put it on here. He eats many of the crazy things that I do or that I serve, but this one eludes him I think. I have to admit, most of the combinations I think are normal and other people think are strange I got from my dad. From him I learned cheese with pears and pepper on cantaloupe.

Odd thing I ate*: canned pears with grated parmesan and romano cheese. Normally when I have canned pears and cheese I eat shredded cheddar. It definitely has more flavor than the parmesan/romano combination. I see recipes that pair cheese and pears (usually with crackers) and the pear plays a much less prominent role. This was just sprinkling a good bit of parmesan/romano on top of the pears. It was "eh." I might do it again if we run out of shredded cheddar.

*according to my husband.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kale Chips

Houston: Mostly Asian Inspired Road Trip Food

Natural Food Stores Part 2