Surprise Food

I am already in trouble for not blogging about this, so I won't wait any longer.
Yesterday we had a bit of a date night and went to Genghis Grill for dinner. For those that haven't been there I'll do an explanation of how it works. For those that have, bear with me.
You get a little bowl that you fill with meat, seasoning, and vegetables. You put your sauce on the side, and you drop it off at the grilling station with your verbal order of starch. They have a large variety of meats, seasonings, vegetables, and sauces.
We're going to focus on the meat. They have pork, chicken, fish, sliced beef, marinated steak, ground turkey, shrimp, scallops, calamari, and probably some others I'm forgetting. This trip I chose steak, beef, and calamari. Then I saw this in my bowl:

Weird thing I ate: squid head
That white thing is the upper part of a squid's head. Don't be too alarmed. It was clean inside and out. It was rubbery and hard to bite through. It tasted like, well, not much like anything. Pretty much had the texture and consistency of grilled calamari. Oh, and the little fins on the side are attached to a membrane and not to the "meaty" part.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kale Chips

Houston: Mostly Asian Inspired Road Trip Food

Natural Food Stores Part 2